Monday, April 1, 2013

Ordinary Day

I set out last Saturday to have an "ordinary" day. Since I couldn't make it home for Easter, I was in Dillon, as is per usual every other weekend. I had the task of getting dinner ready for the Pre-Easter/Birthday dinner we were going to have that night. Everyone else was at work.

I'd had Mom email me some recipes earlier for different salads that I could make to go with the ham, ones that my family usually has a lot of during different holidays. And it was funny, to find myself elbow deep in pudding or cabbage or whatever else I was working with at the time, to realize that I acting like my mother - carrying on that tradition, through food. The myth for girls' that "we all turn into our mothers" peeks out every now and then for me and either scares me, or makes me smile.

Easter eggs were next - the dyeing, and then making deviled eggs out of them. Mythological qualities of Easter eggs? Mythological qualities of Easter itself? It was one thing after another. even ended up watching "First Knight" that evening - a version of the Arthur-Lancelot-Guinevere folklore. Smolders, and Sean Connery.

It's pretty much impossible, at least for me, to go a day (I'm starting to realize) without something of that nature happening.

I've always believed in signs; how wonderful to be in class all about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment