Saturday, January 19, 2013

I Dreamed a Dream...

So, a lot of my dreams are clearer than this, but they're all equally odd. The most vivid thing I remember about it was being in my prom dress from my senior year of high school - this green one, modeled after Keira Knightley's in Atonement that I wanted so badly (and still do, as the one I received left much to be desired). There was a lot of running, and I was in this cafeteria like room, ducking behind a bench - lot's of screaming, lot's of gunshots. Then, I was getting into a car outside of my grandparent's house in Miles City. The last shot, it was dark out, and I was walking back to the vehicles with a group of people, still in my dress. I pulled open the drivers side door of my boyfriend's Toyota Tacoma and sat down, the door still swung open. I had this overwhelming feeling of disappointment as I was sitting there, and I didn't know what to attribute it too.

However, when I woke up this morning, I had four missed calls and two voicemails from my boyfriend, who is in Nepal right now. He had tried to call me for the first time since he left earlier this month, and I had left my phone on silent. I AM AN IDIOT. Suddenly the disappointment in the dream felt like an ironic foreshadowing.

Not to mention, I had a dream and a coincidence all rolled into one.


No comments:

Post a Comment